首页Master作品招聘招标动态热帖杂志帮助搜索注册登录Blog  积分 简历  

» ABBS 论坛 » 考试及留学论坛 » 留学  

动态热帖招聘杂志 

reply to topic
threaded modego to previous topicgo to next topic
Re:关于澳洲   [精华]
michaelarnold

发贴: 8
2003-12-17 17:19 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
awsy,
我刚刚拿到usyd,unsw 和墨尔本三个学校master of architecture(by coursework) 的full offer,usyd是1.5年,unsw是1年,墨尔本是2年,现在不知应该选择哪一个了,给点建议好吗?

Finland

发贴: 149
2003-12-17 23:44 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
是啊,这个问题我也想知道?麻烦哪位高人指点。

sader

发贴: 47
2003-12-19 17:31 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 sader 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
看看兜里的银子,再看看你要学多少东西就行了。

Finland

发贴: 149
2003-12-20 00:42 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
若是不考虑银子的话,那个选择学到的东西更多呢?劳烦您了!

michaelarnold

2003-12-20 09:35 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
我想选择性价比好的

eugenearch

2003-12-22 13:44 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
it is not easy to get the full-offer from usyd. haha

老猫晒太阳

发贴: 18
2004-01-01 16:12 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Happy new year,everybody.

Hokkido

发贴: 148
2004-01-07 01:41 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 Hokkido 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
楼上的兄弟们,大家新年快乐!

关于UNSW,想问问大家那个URBAN DESIGN,你们觉得学到的东西多吗?作业是不是很多很累? 工作好找吗?大家多多提供信息,先谢谢了!

sunshine2004

发贴: 11
2004-01-21 08:00 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 sunshine2004 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
To dearest Nomad:
i just finshed my BArch in UK, and i am doing my placement in somewhere out of london now, however, i wanna do another year out in Australia. i don't know whether Australian firms will accept my degree from uk. in another hand, if i wanna study master in australia, will the universities accept uk degree, coz i only have 3 years study for my bachelor degree?

happy new year to everyone here!!!

Nomad

发贴: 1982
2004-01-21 12:50 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
hello sunshine 微笑

sunshine2004 wrote:
i just finshed my BArch in UK, and i ... i wanna do another year out in Australia. i don't know whether Australian firms will accept my degree from uk.
if you have a 5-year BArch degree from a recognized UK univ., you will be fine. it doesn't matter if you completed the degree in 3 years (probbaly because you had advanced standing, right?)

if i wanna study master in australia, will the universities accept uk degree, coz i only have 3 years study for my bachelor degree?
well, the crux is whether your BArch is from a recognized univ.

Nomad

sunshine2004

2004-01-21 23:40 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 sunshine2004 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Nomad wrote:
hello sunshine 微笑

if you have a 5-year BArch degree from a recognized UK univ., you will be fine. it doesn't matter if you completed the degree in 3 years (probbaly because you had advanced standing, right?)

Nomad

thank you very much, Nomad!
吐舌头
i don't have advanced standing, just because all the BA courses in uk only
have 3 years!! that's why i am worried!!
can i ask you another question?
actually, for my master degree,i wanna change my major to real estate management, but i can't find this kind of course from the website of the australian universities, do they use another name for this course? do you have any idea about this course? if so, can you give me some advice?

sunshine2004

2004-01-21 23:45 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 sunshine2004 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Nomad wrote:
hello sunshine 微笑

Nomad

thank you very much, Nomad!微笑

i don't have advanced standing, 吐舌头,just because all the BA courses in uk only have 3 years!! that's why i am worried!!
can i ask you another question?
actually, for my master degree,i wanna change my major to real estate management, but i can't find this kind of course from the website of the australian universities, do they use another name for this course? do you have any idea about this course? if so, can you give me some advice?

Nomad

2004-01-22 08:25 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
sunshine2004 wrote:
i don't have advanced standing, just because all the BA courses in uk only
have 3 years!! that's why i am worried!!
BA courses are not recognised for entry to MArch courses in Australia, unless it is a kind of MArch by research. This kind of research degree cannot be used for professional registration. A 3-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) only gets you into 2nd-year or 4th-year BArch in Oz. Hehe!

for my master degree,i wanna change my major to real estate management, but i can't find this kind of course from the website of the australian universities, do they use another name for this course? do you have any idea about this course? if so, can you give me some advice?
UNSW has a masters degree in real estate. 微笑 It seems a 3-year undergrad degree will make you eligible.

Nomad

sunshine2004

2004-01-22 22:08 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 sunshine2004 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Nomad, you are so nice to people,thank you,wish you have a relax and happy year!微笑

eugenearch

2004-01-22 22:14 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Nomad,

Happy new year! !!

There is a question always confusing me:

As you said “unless it is a kind of MArch by research. This kind of research degree cannot be used for professional registration.” However, according to: [url] http://www.aaca.org.au/australianeducated.html [/url]
. The MArch (coursework) programs at most universities are not recognized by AACA as accredited. Although there are a few, but usually they are not the Chinese students’ choices except the one at Melbourne University. As the above webpage shows and what you said before, the MArch program at Melbourne University is recognized. But according to their webpage: [url] http://www.arbld.unimelb.edu.au/visitors/postgrad/arch.shtml [/url]
“Master of Architecture (by Coursework) Option C is recognised by the Architects Registration Board of Victoria as a prescribed course for registration as an architect. Note that this option is generally only available to students transferring to the MArch from The University of Melbourne BArch.” That means the MArch programs available to international students are not recognized by AACA .

is the information above ture? If it is true, my question is if to study BArch is better than MArch in case I want to work in Australia?疑问疑问

It will be great if you can help me to clarify the question. Thanks first!!大笑大笑大笑

eugenearch edited on 2004-01-23 13:30
Nomad

2004-01-23 07:12 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Hi again

eugenearch wrote:
according to: [url] http://www.aaca.org.au/australianeducated.html[/url]
. The MArch (coursework) programs at most universities are not recognized by AACA as accredited. Although there are a few, but usually they are not the Chinese students’ choices except the one at Melbourne University. As the above webpage shows and what you said before, the MArch program at Melbourne University is recognized. But according to their webpage: [url] http://www.arbld.unimelb.edu.au/visitors/postgrad/arch.shtml [/url]
“Master of Architecture (by Coursework) Option C is recognised by the Architects Registration Board of Victoria as a prescribed course for registration as an architect. Note that this option is generally only available to students transferring to the MArch from The University of Melbourne BArch.” That means the MArch programs available to international students are not recognized by AACA .
I think if you go to Melbourne, you can have your previous work assessed by the university, and they will tell you what courses you need to take in order to use your MArch for registration. I think the situation is assessed for each individual. I think I discussed this previously already. hehe

Nomad

eugenearch

2004-01-23 19:12 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Dear Nomad,

Thanks a lot.

michaelarnold

2004-01-23 20:35 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Now I got an offer of Option B: 4 semesters full-time in the University of Melbourne majoring in Master of Architecture (by Coursework) .is it recognised by the Architects Registration Board of Victoria as a prescribed course for registration as an architect?I am a Chinese student.

I also got a full offer from UNSW in Master of Architecture (by Coursework).(only 1 year).is it recognised by the Architects Registration Board ?

Could you give me any advice which one I should choose between the two universities?

Thanks a lot

Nomad

2004-01-24 05:53 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
hi
michaelarnold wrote:
I also got a full offer from UNSW in Master of Architecture (by Coursework).(only 1 year).is it recognised by the Architects Registration Board ?
I have already discussed the relative merits of UNSW and Melb Uni for MArch and have nothing more to add. 微笑 UNSW's MArch is not recognized for registration.

Nomad

eugenearch

2004-01-24 16:52 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
michaelarnold ,
I think the option b is obviously not recognized. this piont is clear according to the webpage I mentioned: Only the option c is recognized.
How I understand what Nuncle Nomad means is that if you want study the option c, you must apply for BArch; then if you can "complete four years of a five year degree in architecture at the University of Melbourne at Honours level H2B (70%), or above, which must include design at Honours level H2A (75%), or equivalent", you are eligible to apply the MArch (option c). It depends on your level during the BArch study.
Is my understanding correct, Nomad?酷啊酷啊酷啊大笑大笑大笑

michaelarnold

2004-01-31 04:58 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
to eugenearch and Nomad,

Thank you for your explanation!However,how can I studay for another 5 five years!I will be too old to graduate!

Comparing UNSW and UMEL,do you think UNSW is my better choice if they both are not recognized by AACA?Because the degrees are same (master of architecture).I am confused and hesitate now.It's hard to choose.

I will be appreciative of your prompt reply.Thanks!

eugenearch

2004-01-31 16:43 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
michael,

I am sorry that I am not able to tell which one is the best and which one is the most suitable for you.

AND also my friend who works at a large architecture/development firm had a few things to say. He says that registration is not necesarily that important until you feel you have worked enough and learned architectural skills to take on a more managerial position. But that said, it is still important to try to minimise the time you would have to work in Australia before you could apply for registration. Maybe the best you can do is to start working for an architectural firm when you get here so you have some work history 'under your belt' already.

On the subject of deciding between the universities, you should consider which city you want to be in, short-term and longer-term, given that the universties are similar. It is not common for a person to study in Syd and then work in Melb. Also the subject descriptions can indicate which course is valuable to you, regardless of people's opinions.

regards,

eugenearch edited on 2004-01-31 19:13
michaelarnold

2004-01-31 19:27 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
eugenearch,

Thank you for your reply!

regards,

mainboard

发贴: 27
2004-02-01 23:01 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 mainboard 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
To Nomad:
I have received the offer of RMIT. Master of Architecture( by project) in UAL(Urban Architecture Laboratory) of RMIT. the research program leaders would be Shane Murray&Nigel Bertram. Do you know something about this course? Would you please give some suggestion? Thanks a lot.

j_hardaway

发贴: 208
2004-02-19 22:12 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 j_hardaway 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
选来选去还是最终决定去墨大了(那么多银子啊)。7月份开学,签证申请刚发走。有没有同去墨大的朋友?
还想请教一下,墨大的offer中需要回复填写一个acceptance and payment agreement form. 我在申请签证时也没有提到有这个表格?这个表格说是要等一个PVA,这个PVA是什么时候能下来呢?谢谢。

(共41页)  
go to first page go to previous page  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  go to next page go to last page

已读帖子
新的帖子
被删帖子

reply to topic
Jump to the top of page

返回ABBS首页 | 设计 | 室内 | 景观 | 建材 | 设备 | 卫浴 | 展览 | 照明

招标服务 | 广告服务 | 招聘服务 | 隐私政策 | 联系我们 | 设为首页

违法、有害信息举报:QQ 1764506 电话 028-61998486