首页Master作品招聘招标动态热帖杂志帮助搜索注册登录Blog  积分 简历  

» ABBS 论坛 » 考试及留学论坛  

动态热帖招聘杂志 

reply to topic
threaded modego to previous topicgo to next topic
Re: 真实学校:Our feeling about University of Sheffield   [精华]
tkf

发贴: 157
2002-01-10 01:34 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Scholarship of Sheffield:

Alumni Scholarships

Scholarships worth £1,000 per year of study are available for University of Sheffield Graduates as well as their siblings or spouses. Students must be classified as overseas for fee purposes and commencing their studies in at Sheffield in 2002.
Completed Alumni Scholarship application forms must be received by the International Office by the deadline of 20 September 2002.

Application Procedure
Candidates for the Sibling, Spouse and Alumni Scholarships should contact the International Office to request an application form.

For further details please contact:
international@shef.ac.uk Fax: +44 114 272 9145 Tel: +44 114 222 1255

UNDERGRADUATE
China - two undergraduate scholarships, worth £2,000 each per annum, for up to three years of study.

Hong Kong - three undergraduate scholarships, worth £3,000 each per annum, for up to three years of study.

International Baccalaureate - three undergraduate scholarships, worth £4,000 each per annum, for up to three years of study, for International Baccalaureate Diploma holders.

Eligibility and Application Procedures

Applications for the above scholarships may be submitted by students who:
Have applied for a study place at the University of Sheffield by 3 June 2002, and Have obtained an offer of a study place at the University, in any subject area, for entry in September 2002, and Have been classified as overseas for fee purposes.Students are only eligible to apply for one University of Sheffield International Scholarship 2002.

Scholarship application forms will be sent automatically, by the nternational Office, to all eligible candidates who obtain an offer of a study place at the University

Scholarship applications must be received by the International Office by the deadline of
1 July 2002

Selection Criteria

The scholarships will be awarded on academic merit, by a panel of academic selectors, on the basis of the UCAS application form and any additional information submitted with the scholarship application form.

Both past academic achievements and predicted examination results, where applicable, will be considered during the selection process.

The University reserves the right not to allocate the awards if no suitable candidates are identified by the academic selection panel.

Completed Alumni Scholarship application forms must be received by the International Office by the deadline of 20 September 2002.

Application Procedure

Candidates for the Sibling, Spouse and Alumni Scholarships should contact the International Office to request an application form.

For further details please contact:

international@shef.ac.uk

tkf

2002-01-24 00:07 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Half year in Sheffield:

Courses:
1: Studio ( Design & Research)
            a.) Urban study: Study the city context for an area of Sheffield
            b.) Life Priject: 12 different projects, you can choose one of them.
                                            My choice is villages design statement: give the
                                            local government as a guide for the development
                                            in the future.
            c.) Studio: 6 studios, you can choose one of them. Do the research of
                               the site and decide what building will need, then do the
                               design.

2. Research method

3. environmental design

4. architectural management

5. forum

Rickey

发贴: 145
2002-01-24 01:44 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Hello, TKF
    Nice to meet you. Can I ask you some questions?
    I have sent my application for the Diploma course. But I just knew that my applicatin have been sent to the one-year MArch when I enquiried them.Now I tell them to change. She said:"...I understand from Mrs. Hall that your application is with Dr. Peter Szalapaj who is the tutor who deals with MArch for one year. I have not seen your application at all.To be honest, you would have difficulty getting on to our diploma course leading to MArch as you need to have a RIBA part 1 exemption. Do you have this? If not, you would have to apply to the RIBA in London....If you wish me to obtain your application from Dr. Szalapj (via Mrs. Hall) I will do so but it would be very difficult for you to gain entry to the
diploma course..."
    I don't know why the Diploma Secretary hasn't seen my materials(including portfolio) before. In your opinion,, shall I continute to apply for the Diploma? And it's possible for us to get the RIBA part 1 exemption after going to Britain?
    Thank you.

tkf

2002-01-24 09:25 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
About your case, I am not sure about this. because they had never asked me to show the RIBA part I. Because we are Chinese students, they know that we haven't the Part I. So, I think you can apply and get the admission first, then you go to London to apply the Part I.

I don't know why they haven't read your materials. but I know many students who want to apply diploma were changed to the one year Master course. I don't know why. maybe the requirement of diploma is different from the master. I think you can apply both of them.

Rickey

2002-01-24 21:16 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Thank you for your help.
Last night I told them to continue my application for Diploma. And I won't care for the result, just do it.

tkf

2002-01-26 00:20 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
News for applying PhD:

I heard that many PhD students can just pay the same fee as the local students. it is about 2000-3000 pounds per year. because the department will apply the scholarship to pay the gap between local students. And the department may be offer 1000 pounds per year.

But all of them only I heard from some body, I am not sure.

掌门人

发贴: 4716
2002-01-26 08:40 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
麻烦tkf兄确认一下。是一种奖学金?ORS?微笑

tkf

2002-01-27 00:34 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Zhangmenren return from the happy hours... 微笑 Give my regards to her.

The ORS is the scholarship for research students in UK. I know all chinese PhD in my school studying architecture, all of them applied the scholarship, but none can obtain. it is very difficult for architecture students, but the research in architecture has less ability for competition in this scholarship.

Uranus

发贴: 151
2002-01-28 14:32 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 Uranus 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
各位大虾,有谁知道Sheffield的硕士对TOEFL作文(TWE)有何要求?(4分?4.5?5?.....)

一意孤行

发贴: 31
2002-01-28 17:53 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 一意孤行 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
to tkf
     toefl 成绩是否可以申请到底是应该先申请diploma 还是diploma和study course一起申请。申请是否需要工作经验

Rickey

2002-01-28 23:42 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
to tkf
     The Diploma Secretary just told me:"...We are offering
you a place on our diploma course subject to you obtaining RIBA part 1
before you commence your studies on 30th September 2002.You will need to apply to Mr. Rob Wilson, ARB RIBA Joint Assessment Panel,73 Hallm Street, London W1N 6EE...Once you have received our letter please let us know if you wish to accept
the offer..."
     I wish I could have the chance to meet you in Sheffield. But I just worry how I can obtain RIBA part 1 before coming to UK. From the website "http://www.arb.org.uk/" I got such information:

"APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The following documents must accompany your application form:
Curriculum Vitae.
If you are seeking Part 1 assessment only, you should obtain a supporting statement from your intended UK school detailing how your prior qualification/education compares with the school抯 own Part 1 course. This can be in the form of a summarised comparison between your core subject achievements and those of the school Part 1 course with documented evidence. This statement may take the format of a conditional offer of a place on a Part 2 course.
References from past and present employers
Original or Certified Copy Degree/Diploma/Certificate.
A brief description of the nature of the educational institution from which you obtained your architectural education
Original or certified copy of your statement of academic record or transcripts covering the full programme detailing the subjects taken and the marks attained.
Brief written details of your own individual design project work undertaken by you in each year of the school course and in particular, details of your final major design projects
An outline/overview of the curriculum syllabus and length of the course, stating whether it was full or part-time.
PREPARATION FOR THE INTERVIEW..."

I am confused how we can do so many things before we get the visa to
Britain. Do you or any other person have such experience? And is it easy to get RIBA part 1? (I come from one of the Old Eight Schools and have working experiences ) Thank you.

tkf

2002-01-29 04:32 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
to Uranus:
There is no clear statement about the TWE. Don't ask them, just apply.

to 一意孤行
You can use Toefl to apply. You can apply the diploma or study course, it is up to you.

to Rickey :
I think you should prepare the materials what they want and go to London to have a interview. That is ok. It is not very difficult to get the part 1. Don't worry, you have 8 months to do so.

Uranus

发贴: 151
2002-01-29 14:49 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 Uranus 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
TKF兄:
  有一个合法的中介,他说2003年1月与他们联系,他们可以帮助申请2003年秋季利物浦大学和谢菲尔德大学,他们说与这两所大学有“关系”我看他们的建筑学排名还不低,尤其是谢菲尔德,排第2。(有关排名请看我发的相关帖子)这种情况可不可能?

tkf

2002-01-30 06:12 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
sorry, I have no idea about this. I applied the school by myself.

thshades

发贴: 326
2002-01-30 18:05 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 thshades 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
tkf:
Which course have you chosen in sheffield? Is there any person who both obtained bachelor and come from China? As i know when you choose the Diploma course, you need add more one year for Master of Archi. If the situation has changed, when will the person write their dissertation. Thanks!

thshades edited on 2002-01-30 18:08
tkf

2002-01-31 00:06 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
find in this topic, please.

tkf

2002-02-08 04:48 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Happy Chinese New Year & getting admission easily!

News heard from other people: ( M.Arch studies)

1) One people graduating from sheffield is working in UK now.
2) One is studyig PhD.
3) 2 students return to China

thshades

发贴: 326
2002-02-08 17:23 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 thshades 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
dear tkf:
thank you for answering my question. Furthermore the models are same between March. study and Diploma aren't they? Just the diploma needs more one year?
by the way this week sunday i will go to sheffield i hope i have change to see the persons who study architecture in there!
haapy new year!

thshades edited on 2002-02-08 17:24
tkf

2002-06-09 06:50 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
本想退出江湖,潜心读书。但看见不少人对SHEFFIELD 的建筑系不了解或者误解。只好再说两句。详情请看本篇过去的贴子。

U OF SHEFFIELD 有
1。 DIPLOMA, 这是授 RIBA PART II 的。我就是读这课程。要求很高,读的很辛苦。主要是先研究和分析地段,个种因素,再做设计。学期两年。本人觉得这课程很好,学到很多东西。水平绝对是英国一流。在专业排名中 DIPLOMA 和PHD 起决定性作用。大家可以认为我在自夸,我不介意。

2。 M。ARCH (ARCHITECTURAL STUDIES), 不得不承认这是专门为留学生而设的。M。ARCH这学位在英国或欧洲的建筑界可以说是没用的。所有都是着样。但有些学校把DIPLOMA 叫成M。ARCH 并授PART II 则作别论。 这课程主要是建筑技术方面的教学,不做设计,主要是写论文。不能说没有,因为SUSTAINABLE 是建筑的大势所趋。本人看来能学到另一方面的东西。只是你感兴趣与否。但更深入的我就不清楚了。

城市方面,我觉得没什么不好的。当然没有倫敦的丰富多彩。学习与玩乐各位自己取舍。

wonner

发贴: 60
2002-06-10 03:40 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
据说爱丁堡的dip.Arch就叫M.Arch

luoarchi

发贴: 207
2002-06-10 13:27 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 luoarchi 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
tkf wrote:
本想退出江湖,潜心读书。但看见不少人对SHEFFIELD 的建筑系不了解或者误解。只好再说两句。详情请看本篇过去的贴子。

U OF SHEFFIELD 有
1。 DIPLOMA, 这是授 RIBA PART II 的。我就是读这课程。要求很高,读的很辛苦。主要是先研究和分析地段,个种因素,再做设计。学期两年。本人觉得这课程很好,学到很多东西。水平绝对是英国一流。在专业排名中 DIPLOMA 和PHD 起决定性作用。大家可以认为我在自夸,我不介意。

2。 M。ARCH (ARCHITECTURAL STUDIES), 不得不承认这是专门为留学生而设的。M。ARCH这学位在英国或欧洲的建筑界可以说是没用的。所有都是着样。但有些学校把DIPLOMA 叫成M。ARCH 并授PART II 则作别论。 这课程主要是建筑技术方面的教学,不做设计,主要是写论文。不能说没有,因为SUSTAINABLE 是建筑的大势所趋。本人看来能学到另一方面的东西。只是你感兴趣与否。但更深入的我就不清楚了。

城市方面,我觉得没什么不好的。当然没有倫敦的丰富多彩。学习与玩乐各位自己取舍。

看到你留的贴子,你在sheffield 读 RIBA part 2, 我也要去aa读这个,所以我想向你询问有关ARB面试的事情,请一定告知,我非常急,因为要准备相关的申请资料我实在是没有其他的人可以问了,拜托.

tkf

2002-06-10 21:24 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
我还没申请PART I。 大家以后不要问我这个问题。

corbu

发贴: 146
2002-06-11 12:45 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
Ha Ha,

Nice to know u study in Sheffield man ! I'm your senior and I miss Art tower very much ...especially the elevator !
U don't have so serious about what people think of sheffiled ...let it be !

Take care and work hard ...

Corbu

长谷川天81

发贴: 21
2002-06-13 02:42 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 发送email给 长谷川天81 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
to tkf:
我觉得只有1年的时间很难在设计上有质的提高.所以计划读完master后争取在英国实习2年再回国.你能就此谈谈你的看法吗?
我打算去nottingham,有2封offer:
Master of Architecture,MArch(Design)和 MA/Diploma in Architectural Theory & Design.
课程几乎一样,你觉得那个好些?

tkf

2002-06-13 03:11 查看他的注册信息   查看他的Blog 给他发送悄悄话 引用并回帖 搜索他发表的帖子 复制到剪贴板. 
不过只适用于IE 收藏这篇帖子
to 长谷
一年的MASTER基本上不怎做设计,主要是写论文,做也只是很小的设计甚至是立体构成的东西。在英国只有DIP。ARCH 是重设计的。但凡事都有例外,那我就不清楚了。

一年的MASTER 不容易找工作,因为这不是英国建筑业的体系。我知道大部读MASTER 的中国人要么读PHD,要么回国。但也有人能找到工作的,但极个别。能不能留下来工作就看你的造化了。

go to first page go to previous page  1   2   3   4  go to next page go to last page

已读帖子
新的帖子
被删帖子

reply to topic
Jump to the top of page

返回ABBS首页 | 设计 | 室内 | 景观 | 建材 | 设备 | 卫浴 | 展览 | 照明

招标服务 | 广告服务 | 招聘服务 | 隐私政策 | 联系我们 | 设为首页

违法、有害信息举报:QQ 1764506 电话 028-61998486