The Competition Announcement of International Design Competition for the Overall Planning of Guangzhou Nansha New Area’s Tourism (Rebid)
I Project Name: International Design Competition for the Overall Planning of Guangzhou Nansha New Area’s Tourism
II Project Overview
In September 2012, The Approval on the Development Plan of Guangzhou Nansha New Area (Guohan  No. 128) issued by the State Council of the PRC provided that Guangzhou Nansha New Area is approved as the national-level New Area and the development and construction of Nansha New Area has been recognized as part of the national strategy. Nansha New Area is located in the southeast of Guangzhou, west bank of Lingdingyang (Pearl River estuary) and with an area of 803 square kilometers. Its terrain looks like a flared banana leaf, which lies across the marine outfall of Pearl River. It lies in geographical geometric center of Pearl River Delta and in the center of a 100-kilometer radius covering all of the delta cities. It is 38 nautical miles away from Hong Kong and 41 nautical miles away from Macao. Within a range of 70 kilometers around it, there are five large international airports respectively in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Hong Kong and Macao. The highway system is rather developed, and the central urban area of Nansha will be the metro hub for seven metro lines according to Guangzhou City’s New Planning. Nansha is well backed by the vast hinterland market in Pearl River Delta with a population of 40 million and connecting the national and international markets through the metropolises of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Macao, etc. Nansha New Area has an important strategic location and a strong market potential and radiating power. The industrial bases of automobile, steel, shipbuilding, machinery and equipment, fine chemicals, high-tech, port logistics and modern service etc have been preliminarily formed, which will have far-reaching effect in terms of the further urbanization of the southern part of Guangzhou City and improving Guangzhou City’s status as one of the national central cities. According to the eco friendly strategy being implemented by Nansha New Area, the planning and construction of the new coastal city have been aiming for internationalization, low carbon emission and wisdom, which certainly includes high standard planning and construction, efficient administration, integrating the beautiful ecological environment and unique and abundant Lingnan culture, and referring to all available eco city designs and technologies elsewhere.
The organizers of the Competition are Guangzhou Nansha District Tourism Bureau, Guangzhou Nansha Assets Management Co., Ltd., Guangzhou Nansha International Travel Agency (the “Competition Organizers”), who will be in charge of the organization and administration of the Competition. The Competition Organizers have entrusted Guangdong Cailian Procurement and Tendering Agency Co., Ltd. (the “Competition Administrative Agent”) to assist in the administration of the Competition.
III Competition Requirements (Subject to the International Project Competition Documents)
Nansha New Area is located at a core position in Pearl River Delta and has an area of 803 square kilometers. It is close to Hong Kong and Macao and in the center of a 100-kilometer radius covering all of the delta cities with prosperous economy and dense population. The tourism segment in this area will be positioned and enhanced to the international level. The tourism industry will be improved by giving full play to the influence of economic centre and hub engine.
The planning contents mainly include: the study of overall positioning and space structure of tourism development in Nansha New Area； the study on how to form the high-level tourism industry； the study of tourism theme； landmark planning, detailed planning for key projects. The combinations of Lingnan culture, marine culture in southern China and the elements of coastal tourism city are required.
IV Source of Fund: Public funds.
V Organization and Administration
1. The relevant information in respect of the Competition shall be published on the websites of China’s Purchasing and Bidding (http://www.chinabidding.com.cn),Guangzhou Municipal Government Procurement (http://www.gzg2b.gov.cn), Government of Guangzhou Nansha Development Zone (http://www.gzns.gov.cn/), Architectural Forum (www.abbs.com.cn ), Guangzhou Nansha Assets Management Co., Ltd. (http://www.gnao.com.cn/) and the Competition Administrative Agent (www.chinapsp.cn), and registrations from both domestic and international design institutes shall be accepted.
2. After the completion of the registration, the Competition Organizers will organize an experts’ panel to review the qualifications of the registered design institutes. Four (4) design institutes with competent qualifications and relevant design experiences shall be selected as the official candidates.
3. The experts’ panel organized by the Competition Organizers shall review the design proposals submitted by all the official candidates and select one (1) winning proposal.
1. Qualification requirements
(1) The registered design institutes must possess the independent legal personality. Two or more corporate bodies, parent company, wholly owned subsidiary and its holding company with the same legal representative shall not participate in the Competition simultaneously.
(2) The domestic design institute that registers alone must hold the Grade A tourism planning and design certification； the foreign design institute shall possess the equivalent qualification and shall form a joint candidate with the domestic design institute. A domestic tourism planning design institute (Grade A) is allowed to form a joint candidate with a design institute.
(3) The Project Manager to be sent by the registered design institute candidate must hold the Qualification of Certified Planners.
(4) The registered design institutes shall be armed by the necessary professional and technical capability and the professional and technical talents to perform the contract at high standards. The registered design institutes shall provide the personnel list, and resumes of the planners and designers.
(5) The Project accepts the registration from a joint applicant. The joint applicant shall appoint an authorized representative to undertake the responsibilities and instructions, and be in charge of the relevant issues involved in the Competition.
2. Requirements of submitting registration information.
(1) The list of submissions for registered design institutes, original with official seal； (See Exhibit 1)
(2) Certificate of legal representative, the power of attorney issued by the legal representative, original with official seal；
(3) The domestic design institutes that register alone shall provide the copy of Grade A tourism planning and design certificate with official seal. The overseas design institutes shall provide the copy of overseas equivalent design certificate and the copy of domestic partners` design certificate with respective official seal. The domestic design institutes that form a joint candidate with another domestic institute shall provide the copy of tourism planning(Grade A) and design certificate with official seal.
(4) Corporate profile and credibility certificate, awards, certificates, etc., photocopies with the official seal on the same；
(5) Photocopy of the Business License stamped by the corporate seal( A joint applicant shall provide the photocopies of the Business License of both sides)；
(6) The Project Manager’s academic certificate, qualification certificate, resume, relevant proofing documents of his previous case performance, such as the previous design and planning contract and relevant award certificates etc； photocopies with official seal stamped on the same；
(7) Proofing documents of the case performance of the institute in the most recent three (3) years (since March, 2010. Each project must have an area of more than 20 square kilometers or an investment of more than RMB 2 billions), such as the previous design and planning contract(s) and relevant award certificates(province level or above) etc； For the previous successful cases, the applicant shall provide its client’s reference letter (with client’s corporate stamp on it)； photocopies with official seal stamped on the same；
(8) The list of the professional and technical personnel for this project, which includes the professional and technical personnel’s resumes and qualification certificates； photocopies with official seal stamped on the same；
(9) The declaration of the registered design institutes, original (See Exhibit 2).
(10) The Agreement between the design institutes who have formed a joint applicant, if any, original (See Exhibit 3).
The above submissions shall be printed in Chinese, made into a binder with seal, in quintuplicate(one original, and four copies)； the original shall prevail where there are any conflicts or differences between the original and the copy.
Applicants shall mail or bring all the official sealed relevant submissions to the registration office to get registered. The originals will be verified if the candidates are qualified.
3. The date, time, venue and contact details for the submissions:
Registration Date: July 4, 2013 – July 16, 2013 (9:00-12:00 , 14:00-17:00)
Registration Venue: Conference room of Guangdong Cailian Procurement and Tendering Agency Ltd., 18th floor, Yuehai Building, No.472 Huanshidong Road, Guangzhou City
Contact: Miss He
Tel: +86 20 – 8765 1688 ext 35
VII Competition Process
1. Announcement and Registration
Competition Announcement of this project will be published on the above websites. Enquiries from domestic and foreign design institutes are welcome during the announcement period.
Registration Period：July 4, 2013 – July 16, 2013 (9:00-12:00 , 14:00-17:00).
The registration documents in writing shall be delivered to the Competition Administrative Agent on time, otherwise the registration may be rejected.
2. Screening for the Official Candidates
The Competition Organizers will conduct the qualification review by the panel of the leading Chinese experts. Four (4) design institutes will be selected as official candidates to submit their proposals to compete for the project based on their qualifications, comprehensive strength, track records in similar projects and teamwork, etc.
Official candidates, once selected, shall reply in writing (with official seal) within three (3) business days expressly confirming whether to participate in the competition. Should a selected candidate fails to reply in writing within three (3) business days, the Competition Organizers are entitled to cancel its registration and select from other registered design institutes.
3. Design Proposals
The time period for the selected Official Candidates to prepare the design proposals is sixty (60) calendar days.
4. The Submission of the Final Design Proposals by the Official Candidates:
Requirements for the final design proposals: Each official candidate shall submit twenty (20) sets of final design proposal documents (in Chinese), twenty (20) sets of the summary of the design proposal (in Chinese), a set of AO display (in Chinese), and two (2) sets of digitalized proposal documents (recorded in CD).
VIII Fees and Payment：
1. Winning prize and competition compensation:
The review committee will select one (1) winning proposal among the design proposals submitted by the official candidates with prize of RMB 1,500,000. Other candidates will be compensated with RMB 500,000, RMB 400,000 or RMB 300,000 for participating the competition, according to their final rankings.
The Competition Organizer is entitled to obtain the intellectual property rights of all the design proposals submitted by the official candidates who receive the prize or compensation.
2. The prize and compensation will be paid in RMB. Where foreign design institutes are not able to receive RMB by their own bank accounts, such foreign design institute can authorize their joint registration institute to receive such prize or compensation on its behalf. The relevant charges and taxes shall be paid by the receiving institutes themselves.
3. The winner shall further improve and optimize its design proposal according to the Competition Organizer’s requirements based on its original design to make a final version which shall be displayed and the winner shall provide technical consulting services. The fees incurred thereby are included in the winning prize.
IX Other Requirements:
1. The Competition Organizer is in possession of the copyrights of designs in this competition and is entitled to display, print, publish and use them. All submitted design proposal documents will not be returned. Official candidates shall not use materials and documents provided by the Competition Organizer other than for this competition.
2. Fees arising from transportation, accommodation, document compiling, and design making etc. during registration, collecting competition documents, on-site visit, Q&A and submission shall be borne by the official candidates themselves.
3. Time mentioned in the announcement for this competition is Beijing Time.
4. Normative documents promulgated by the People’s Republic of China shall be followed and complied in the design proposals.
5. The Competition Organizer is entitled to the final explanation and interpretation of the Competition Announcement.
6. The English version of the Competition Announcement is only for reference. The Chinese version shall prevail where there are any conflicts or differences between the two versions.
Click here to download
Competition Organizer: Guangzhou Nansha International Travel Agency
Competition Administrative Agent: Guangdong Cailian Procurement and Tendering Agency Ltd.
July 3, 2013